Monday, February 21, 2011

Moving and crap

Holy bejeeebus is Texas HUGE! We were in this gigantic state for at least three days before finally arriving in El Paso. We stopped just after the texas border for the night and then headed to Killeen to visit my brother in law, where my 6 year old confused his new girlfriend for his old girlfriend (embarrassing.) Then we drove in some snow and ice, which is always a blast, before stopping for the night in lordknowswhere, Texas. Maybe some of you have seen it on the map? Then FINALLY we made it to El Paso and spent a good 45 minutes driving in circles. Thanks to Julie, David, Sara and google maps (no thanks to Garmin) we finally made it on post only to discover that there was no room in the inn despite our reservation. I'm not sure what I did to this place the last time I was here, but it doesn't seem to like me much. We finally found lodging in a motel on the east side and begun our search for a house and after 3 weeks in a hotel we got to move into our furniture less home. YAY! Now a week after moving in we have most of our furniture, cable, internet, and phone and are well on our way to making this place like home. All I need now is for people to visit me.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry lady! Yeah, the place is HUGE and it SUCKS! Where'd you end up finding a place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're on the east side off of montwood, george dieter, near lee trevino. Any of those places familiar? I wish we had moved to the north side since their are less people there. I like being a mile or two away from EVERYTHINg, but hate how many people there are in this area. The north has less people, but also less stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Garmin. Sorry you're off to a rough start. Hopefully things turn around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got a place! I am so ready to see my stuff again. But waiting till our spot opens on post. If you dont mind me asking what is your rent? lol lets hope in 2 years we both get out of here right! I try to stay over here lol less traffic. Hopefully we can meet up soon. Miss you lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our rent is an outrageous 1000 bucks. I'm not very happy about it, but with a family of 5 and sometimes 6 we need more space than my husband's housing allowance will allow, so we have to come out of pocket a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, yeah everything we looked at was to high right now. once you add in the other stuff it goes well over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, rent in texas is outrageous!!!!! not trying to rub it in but mine is only $360 lol but then again i have a teeny tiny 2 bedroom apartment. i really wanna move into a house but im not ready to give up my cheap rent. sounds like texas really sucks. i havent heard nice things from any of you. north carolina is an awesome place to live...all of you should move to fort bragg ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete